The arrival of COVID-19 and the subsequent crisis put the main sector in Spain, the agri-food sector, in grave danger. This sector is vital to the economy.
There was an atmosphere of mistrust regarding the food supply chain and its origin because of the global pandemic. Spanish citizens ceased to buy local produce due to fear and price.
SomosSapiens were challenged with strengthening the sector and highlighting the crucial work of farmers and fishermen, as they represent the base of Spanish gastronomy.
Our strategy was based on an innovation media campaign to raise awareness and to engage society as a whole.
It was to enhance the message through a multimedia, comprehensive and innovative campaign (both in initiatives and formats) linked to key moments in our society.
- Awareness and innovation actions: We focused on key events for Spanish society, such as Christmas, National Lottery Day and New Year's Eve. These are Spanish traditions and key consumer moments where families gather together and share food.
- Popular and innovation actions: The most notorious ad formats in all media. Especially in OHH - DOOH, where we had national coverage. The highlight took place in the Spanish capital, Madrid, with large street digital media along the main avenue called GRAN VÍA, which is our Spanish Broadway.
- Prescriptive and innovation actions: We selected the greatest journalists, presenters and thought leaders in TV. We integrated the message into TV programs with the greatest audience and credibility.
- Media Success: 98% National coverage (3,503,697,512 impacts)
- Success in brand awareness: +71% Brand Awareness. The campaign has positioned Alimentos de España Top of Mind for Spanish citizens.
- Success in raising awareness: 70% Of Spaniards began to feel proud of Spain, the richest country in the world for food and gastronomy.
SomosSapiens won a Gold Award at the Internationalists Awards New York in the category: Innovation Media Campaign
This campaign also won a Silver Award at the Best In Food Awards in the category: Media Campaign